Fairfield Center offers a comprehensive array of conflict resolution, communications excellence training, business services, restorative justice and civic engagement initiatives.
- Resolve a conflict using our Conflict Resolution Services.
- Improve your communications skills through our Training.
- Engage in Restorative Justice to right a wrong.
- Enhance your meeting processes with our Business Services.
- Participate in a civic forum or the International Festival.
- Train to be a mediator, helping others improve their lives.
- Volunteer in various capacities.
Anyone is eligible for services or training. The Center works with a sliding-scale and pro bono fee structure. The Center’s primary service area is the central Shenandoah Valley in western Virginia. Services may be provided outside of this area in certain situations.
Incorporated in 1982 as the first mediation center in Virginia, Fairfield Center continues to lead the way. The Center leads the effort to establish a Harrisonburg Nonprofit Center to facilitate collaboration and cost-reduction.
Fairfield Center is a registered 501(c)3 organization in Virginia (under the name Community Mediation Center, the original name).
The Center is a Partner Agency with both the United Way of Harrisonburg and Rockingham County and the United Way of Greater Augusta, and a member of both Harrisonburg-Rockingham Chamber of Commerce and Greater Augusta Chamber of Commerce.
Fairfield Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, disability or age in its employment or activities.